Well, I'm really good at coming up with ideas. I'm not so good at actually going through with those ideas. The faerie houses took hold of us and we've had a lot of fun! I'll be honest in that I did most of this first batch, however, I wanted to get some experience before Monkey had questions I couldn't answer. The first is a decent size, maybe 8-10 inches square. We cut a door and added in a window. We also carved in some other decorations and Monkey helped with that before baking. Still waiting to make a roof and paint, but for now it's fun to see!
I was expecting them to come out of the oven hard, but after an hour and a half, they were tough, but not hard. Over the last few days they have hardened more, though.
Monkey wanted to take a picture too! This was all pre-baking.
After baking, I used four clay "sticks" to glue the walls together. Adding a roof will hopefully add in some stability!
Monkey's carving contribution, unfortunately it doesn't show up too well.
We also made many small little houses and mushrooms. We painted three to give to a few friends the other night. I wish I could do all that photoshop magic so the colors were better, but, c'est la vie! This one went to a good friend of ours ... Monkey, of course, picked the colors!
I have also been thinking a lot about how we can not only save money, but eat better and more naturally. There are three things I don't think I will ever go to the store for again: Laundry soap,