Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the precipice of Wk 2

It's Sunday here in the AZ (well, pretty much everywhere hee hee) and I've spent most of the day going over last week; how it went, how I'd planned it to go and what could or couldn't have been different.  One thing I realized was just how wonderful the flexibility is.  I knew that I was planning and expecting in a very rigid way, however, that is just me and how I am.  I fully expected and intended that every plan, thought and list would be changed.

On Tuesday and Thursdays, Monkey goes to my cousin's for a few hours.  Right now it's in the morning which isn't the best for us, so I'm sure (as it was last week) it'll be a hit or miss sort of event.  But, when he does go, he has a bunch of fun with his cousin's and the other little's that she takes care of.

Last Thursday it was just not happening.  He went to bed late and I found myself stressing out about him getting enough sleep and whether or not to wake him in time or let him sleep.  And then it occurred to me.  Keep him home!  He doesn't have to go.  My mom's not working anymore so if I really need some time to myself I can get it.  On Monday we tried out the schedule.  It worked fairly well, but when Wednesday rolled around, we all felt like going to a movie.  We saw Rio and had a blast! While the schedule was gone, we still fit some lessons in and it solidified for me the idea that we can learn and still fly by the seat of our pants (not my favorite thing!).

This coming week we'll be finishing up our Alphabet book in a quasi-lapbook format.  Looking good so far!  He's also really into mazes, so I printed off a few more for him, along with more letter recognition worksheets.  I want to make sure he's recognizing all of the letters.  We've started BOB books and, while he is ABLE to read them, he is lacking the confidence.  I'll probably pull Mat out once on Monday and see if he still freaks out.

So, we'll see where we are next week! :)

No comments: