Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wowza!

We have had a wild summer so far!  We had a great trip in early June to Texas.  The first few days were spent in Dallas/Fort Worth at a few great museums and aquariums.  P really was excited to see and touch a few pretty cool animals!



Daddy and P checking out some stingrays AND feeding them!


P chillin' out with the sharks.


"Did you really catch that Monkey?"


We couldn't survive this heat without our daily (multiple times) swims!  I can't get over how amazing he's doing in the water.  Saying that he swims like a fish is an understatement.  One of these days I'll figure out how to take videos! lol


My brother and his family were here last week, so we took advantage of having so many people here and had pictures taken.  We had to improvise for a few of them and here's a cute shot of three of the great-grands. 


My beautiful Nani, with 4 of her great-grandbabies.  


And, the latest addiction ... phone games.  They sure are cute, but I'm close to tossing the EVO's into the pool (kidding).

Anyway, our books for this coming school year came in today and they look fantastic!  Daddy and P took some time to look through them, I'll get my turn soon.  I've definitely lagged and allowed myself to really enjoy summertime without much in the way of responsibility.  Most adults don't get that chance so I'm savoring it.  I'm planning to try and take more time to prep for September.  I really do need to get more networked with other homeschooling families, especially since we don't have a homeschool community here.  But I have super smart kid and I'm really excited to see where we go this year.  And, I can't wait to share my excitement as I create a path for us and then watch as we follow it, divert from it, change directions from it, go back to it and eventually find our way to where we are supposed to be!


No comments: