Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The new look

Well, my new look is here! I think there may still a few bugs, however, they should be worked out quickly - in fact, no one may even see them.

So, why the new look? I've decided (not for the first time), that I need a positive outlet and that because of my not-really-self-imposed solitude, my blog may prove to be the best and quickest (safest) outlet. I've often thought of writing a book, and it turns out I may have a slight ego in thinking that it may be something that grows from my blog ... we'll see.

Either way, I don't have the focus or discipline to write two blogs at the moment, so it all flops into one. However, I'm well aware that many who read my blog don't have a desire to read my inner angst and musings, so I will denote the posts that have pictures and relate more to Mumble in some way (probably something boring and uncreative like "PICTURES").

My husband says I'm long-winded ... I think a lot of people would agree, however, I just happen to be able to write quickly. I'm not sure if I'm good at it or what, but when I write, words just seem to flow and it's usually a pretty quick thing.

So, what's on my mind tonight? Well, I suppose right now I'm missing my hubby since he's out in the field for the night. A lot of my frustration with the Army right now is a huge part of what has prompted me to start blogging about ME more. We have spent very little time together, in fact, sometimes it seems like he's only been home a few weeks. When he is home, he's so exhausted that there's very little quality time. There have been few weekends that have not been touched by the idiocy of the Army.

But, I'm resolved to stop allowing it to affect me and the person I am and want to be. I'm trying very hard to be the best wife and mom I can be. My house has been a mess, I've rarely cooked, I know I've been a bear to live with and I've been so easily angered and frustrated. My nerves have been shot recently and I don't want to live this way (and I'm betting my hubby would agree with that!).

Anyway, about that housecleaning ... must return to that!

4 comments:

JCsings4Him said...

OOO Girl, I LOVE your new look! I do love the scrap-book thing!!! How'd ya do it???

Take it from an OLD Navy wife who (after his serving 21 years) has seen her fair share of alone time...this too shall pass and it really DOES get better. I'll be praying for you!

Take care...JC :~)

Anonymous said...

AMY I looooooove it!!!!!!!! It turned out SO nice!!!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

LOVE IT! Turned out Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

lookin' good! i'm in the midst of changin' up my blog, too. fickle, fickle, we are. "i don't want it any more" LOL!!!! 'member?