Thursday, July 31, 2008

Beer Chops

I thought I'd share with y'all my latest recipe. I rarely make pork chops, but in an effort to get our lives into a better routine, I thought I'd try something new. I'd also never used my crockpot before and let me tell ya, I love it!

So, here it is. Beer chops:

2 butterfly pork chops
1 onion, sliced into rings (for only 2 chops, I'd say a small onion would be plenty)
salt/pepper
garlic seasoning
2 tblsp BBQ sauce
can of cream of chicken soup
can/bottle of beer (preference)

I used two butterfly pork chops, but I think the amount of sauce would handle another pork chop. Cut the chops in half and season with salt/pepper, garlic powder (I used a garlic grill seasoning mix). Brown the pork chops and onions in olive oil. Put in the crockpot when browned.

Mix the cream of chicken soup and 1/2 can/bottle of beer in a bowl. Add more seasonings to taste and bbq sauce. Pour over chops and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-3.

I checked mine at 6 hrs and they were falling apart. I also made the sauce into gravy with some corn starch and water.

Hope y'all enjoy it like we did! My in-laws said it made great leftover sandwiches!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Awesome Amy! I am going to try this one!

JCsings4Him said...

I am SO trying this! It sounds wonderful!