Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas came early

Some would say our early Christmas isn't something to be happy about considering the reasons behind it (daddy heading off to the sandbox). But, I'm choosing to look at it as a blessing that we were able to have our very first Christmas in our own home and had the chance to spend it with both my parents and McH's (and his sis)!

So, I'm going to start with some decorating pics! This was our first year to decorate and it was SO fun! Now, I'll admit the wicked wind we have and the damage it has done to our lights ISN'T very fun, but decorating sure was! (Especially since our fingers weren't freezing off ... Wisconsonites, you know what I'm talking about!)



McH and Monkey working on the tree. It looks a little sad, but when it's lit up it's really pretty. However, it is a little wobbly after someone decided to pull it down ... :)
It's not very easy to show the house lights, but we did a little "snowscape" in front of the house.
I had to have a little snow :)
Aries napping next to sleeping Santa. This thing is hysterical ... well, actually it's Monkey that is so funny. Santa snores when it's turned on (he snores jingle bells lol) and if he notices it when it's off, he gets quite upset.
Our Christmas Eve with all the gifts under the tree. Last year we were at my parents house and we helped put out the gifts, but it was SO fun to do it for the first time at our house!
I knew he'd notice this first!

Getting daddy's help
The "theft" bag. It beeped and yelled when you got near it!
Doesn't he look like a pro?!
Phew! All those gifts worked up quite a thirst!
And, finally, all the gifts replaced under the tree!


1 comment:

Our Family of 5 said...

Awww, Amy. I love all the pictures!!