Monday, December 8, 2008

A Time of Great Sadness

There is a group of girls I met and became close with during our adoption. We called ourselves "Summer Sisters" because we all started in the summer of '06. One of my "sisters" began a second adoption of a sweet girl soon after they brought their son home. They had just received Josi's new birth certificate listing them as her parents and giving her their last name.

I can remember watching all of the videos Carla would post of Josi and just how excited she was to bring her home. I was gone for the past few days and when I came home, I had new emails and when I saw Carla's name I was positive that it was her travel dates to pick Josi up.

I smacked into a wall when I read that Josi had gone to visit her foster mother's sister, brother-in-law and two kids and was brutally murdered during that visit along with the other four people. My friend was nearly to the finish line when someone took her daughter's life. It is sad and horrifying. I cannot imagine her pain, anger, confusion or the mulititude of other feelings that must be a part of her life right now.

Goodbye sweet Josi. While you were here on this Earth you were loved and cherished. You had a hard life that had begun to change drastically with the amazing love from Carla and her ... your family. Sleep peacefully.



*You can click on Josi's picture to go to Carla's blog and leave her a message. I know that she will appreciate every comment whether she knows you or not.

No comments: