Saturday, February 28, 2009

DEMO!

So, first of all, I'm now noticing that the date on my camera is WAY off! So, this weekend McH's parents were over and helped me get ready for our new floors. We took off the 1/4 inch round piece on the baseboard and ripped up the carpets.







Then, this morning we went down to Austin and picked up the floor. It's a really pretty mahogany. It's going down on Thursday, so hopefully by next weekend I'll have new pics!!
Monkey "helping". We were laughing because he wanted to lift one of these himself! We finally talked him into helping his papa, rather than carrying one on his own! (After he spent 15 minutes trying to just move one inside the van! lol)

I'm thinking this looks like FAR more flooring than we need, well, it is, but it just seems like WAY too much!



And, finally, Monkey is hoping that once the floor is in, we can get him a more comfortable reading chair!!


2 comments:

Terri said...

LOVE that last one! woot for demo

Rosebud said...

i love the flooring. Looks great with the chair and I bet it's much easier to keep clean.