Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Idol night

Okay, here we go. Three categories: BO-ring, MY EARS!, Not bad and then I'll hit my picks.

First, quickly, I have to say ... WHAT ON EARTH WAS GOING ON?! Actually, I'm thinking about it tonight. Ya know, supposedly (and I think they did) they were focusing less on the crazy auditions this year. Well, I think they compensated by putting the awful in the top 12. What is with the song choices?! Why are so many girls singing boy songs?! I'm waiting for next week when I just KNOW one of the guys is going to sing Britney Spears or something ... maybe Rehab by Amy Whinehouse ... what is going on?!

So-So:
  • Jasmine Murray. I mean, it was aight. Not a huge fan.
  • Matt Breitzke ... eh. I debated which group to lump him into and decided here. His voice is good. He doesn't deserve AI. What was up with the weird way he was saying his words? And, he'd do a ballroom dancing coach proud with his "rise and fall". Yikes.
  • Kai Kalama. Now, if I didn't have to watch him, I think I'd have put him in the 'Not bad' cat. But, whoa ... craziness!
  • I have to stick Nick/Norman here. I think he's funny and one of the highlights of the show, but at the end of the day it's getting old. I have a feeling the AI producers who decided to let him through are going to get bit in the arse for that decision. It was funny ... was. Now, it's turning into a joke on AI, rather than just a joke.
  • Matt Giraud .. wow, I really like him and I hope he goes through. I actually liked him singing Cold Play, though it wasn't the best.

My Ears!

  • Jeanine Vailes ... there is absolutely nothing to say except HOW did she get through to even Hollywood?! When you move your hand around like Mariah Carey does, it probably means you can't sing.

Not Bad!

  • Adam Lambert. Yeah, really good, but I have this feeling he's in a production. Like, I think he sings the rocker/alternative kinda thing really well and I think he takes that and then determines WHO he is to fit that ... does that make sense? Just feel like that's not really him. But, yeah, his voice is ridiculous.
  • Kris Allen. I really liked him. I hope he goes through. Maybe the song wasn't the best, but I really thought he had something raw and lovable.
  • Allison Iraheta ... holy mama! I was nervous through her song, but man I thought she nailed it! I thought I'd easily be able to predict her through ....
  • Mishovanna Henson. Um, I actually liked the song, thought she had an amazing voice, but it was a bit detached. I think it would be sad not to see her in the top 12.
  • Megan Corkrey ... it wasn't my favorite, however, I think the competition would really miss out without her. Her "dancing" was a little weird to say the least, but she's got something different, just like ...
  • Jesse Langseth ... again, not my favorite, but wow she's got something too. I am no longer pulling for that funky chick from group 1 ... can't even remember her name! These two girls NEED to be in the competition.

I think THIS is the group (at least compared to group 1) that it would be a real disappointment if the judges had to pick only one wildcard from each group.

My picks: I'm going to do two for this one. I'm going to give who I think will go through and who I would vote for.

Guy: Adam Lambert (I'd vote for Kris Allen)

Girl: (ah! this is hard!) Allison Iraheta (I'd vote for Megan Corkrey)

Next Top Vote: uhhh ... Jesse Langseth for both.


No comments: