Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hello Idol Fans

So, I guess I'm into reality tv! It's funny to think that reality tv can be an escape from reality, but ... there ya are!

So, I always kind of think it's crappy when you have a situation like Idol this time. 12 people. The top girl, the top guy and the person with the next highest score get through. But, what if all the girls suck and there are 5 really awesome guys? One crappy girl gets through and 3 great guys don't?

Well, first I need to say that I nearly fell off of my couch when they announced that Tati-crazy-ana was going to sing Whitney Houston. Really, I was kind of excited ... I think it was the train wreck mentality! I was blown away that she didn't completely suck, however, "reality" as it were, came back into focus as soon as she finished singing. Do you think that the voices in her head are far too loud for her to hear the judges? I mean, she never seems to actually answer a question. Kara cracks me up.

Who stunk:
  • Casey Carlson ... wow, that was just weird. Personally I hated her outfit. I thought her voice was okay until she started some of the notes that she held. Weird.
  • Stevie Wright ... ouch. I think she seems sweet and it's obvious that she and her family were confused by the judgements comments. But, my opinion is that if you choose a song, outfit, look because of a judge, then you aren't being WHO you are. She seemed like she had fun!

Who I fast forwarded (boring, but okay - basically, not bad enough to watch, but not good enough to watch either:

  • Ann Marie Boskovich ... she's good ... but there's no way she'll beat out the top 3 in this group.
  • Anoop Desai, Brent Keith, Ricky Brady, Stephen Fowler ... I think that for the most part they have great voices, but nothing special. I mean, David Archuleta has a fab voice and I really liked him the first couple of times I heard him ... and then it got boring because it was the same ... really nice, but nothing that made me think OMG I must have his cd.
  • Jackie Tohn ... okay, I didn't FF her because I couldn't get over her pants (yes, I said pants), however, I didn't think she stunk. Nope, her vocals weren't great, but yes she was entertaining. So was Amanda Overmeyer, but, she got old too.

My picks to go through:

  • Girl - Alexis Grace. One word. Wow.
  • Guy - Danny Gokey. The first time I heard him I picked him as the winner. My opinion hasn't changed.
  • Third - Michael Sarver Loved the song. I think he has a shot to go somewhere.

Good night all!



3 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

Amy,
I totally missed Danny sing. What did he sing? Was it great? I think he will go far if not win too. Are only 3 of them going through??

Unknown said...

He sang "Hero" by Mariah Carey. The beginning wasn't too special, but when he hit the bridge ... it was good, real good. The way their getting to the top 12 this time is by having a show with 6 guys/girls. Then, they take the girl with the highest votes and the guy with the highest votes. The person with the next highest (guy or girl) will get through. However, I'm sure they'll make sure that we vote 6 guys and 6 girls in LOL

So, that's 9 (3 shows of 12). Then there will be 3 wildcard spots to make the final 12.

Erin Rose said...

You are too funny! You know how much I love reality TV, especially Idol...and I'm very impressed at your ability to pick the first 3!!! ROCK STAR!

Smooches!